Author Topic: SOLD (EU): Agilent InfiniiMax 1132A 5GHz differential probe amp (repaired)  (Read 3957 times)

Offline NeganurTopic starter

• Supporter
Manual

This one is a bit special. Originally bought on ebay as used, but it did not work on any of my scopes.

Turned out that the EEPROM was gone bad with corruption. I changed the EEPROM and was able to recover most of the data but due to minor differences (the corruption) the probe kept reporting checksum errors. So I copied the data from another probe. As a result, the probe is fully operational again but reports itself as 1134A with a wrong serial number. I have personally checked the probe with a 4 GHz scope and as far as I can tell it works and measures correct rise times and voltages.

I am going to write a post on how I recovered the data and how the data on the EEPROM of this model of probe is arranged. From what I could tell when disassembling the probe, the I2C EEPROM is hardwired to self-destruct, err be read-only. Also it seems that there is no calibration data in this series of probes, the data merely contains the text that is displayed by the scope i.e. serial number, capacitance, impedance.

If anyone has a guess as to which checksum algorithm Agilent used in these probes I would be very interested in a discussion, as I have tried a slew of commonly known algorithms without success.

Anyway, it is up for sale as I have sold all my scopes.

Differential probe amp, no accessories.
Compatible with the Autoprobe I interface (e.g. Infiniium 90000A, 9000A/H, 8000A, InfiniiVision 5000A/6000A/7000A and 3000/4000/6000 X-series)

Specs from keysight:

Dynamic Range: +/- 2.5V
DC Offset Range: +/- 12V when probing single-ended
Maximum Input Voltage: 30V peak
Differential Input R: 50 kOhm
Differential Input C: 0.27-0.34 pF
Single Ended Input R: 25 kOhm
Single Ended Input C: 0.44-0.67 pF

200 EUR + shipping (20 EUR)
Bank transfer or paypal (please cover the fees)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 01:12:25 pm by Neganur »

Offline Someone

• Super Contributor
    • send complaints here
Re: FS (EU): Agilent InfiniiMax 1132A 5GHz differential probe amp (repaired)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2016, 07:39:28 pm »
Sold!

• Supporter
Re: FS (EU): Agilent InfiniiMax 1132A 5GHz differential probe amp (repaired)
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2016, 10:11:15 pm »
If you're not in a hurry, I do have two more probes (another 1132A and 1130A without pouch and an E2677A differential solder-in head) but I need to pick them up from my lab and verify that they're still OK.

• Supporter
Re: SOLD (EU): Agilent InfiniiMax 1132A 5GHz differential probe amp (repaired)
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2016, 01:21:12 pm »
Don't have any N275X probes, with this one sold I only have an 1130A, an 1132A and an 1134A left.
(those do actually have 5Vpp dynamic range, I.e. +/-2.5V, but I think to recall that that was not sufficient for your setup.)

Offline Berni

• Super Contributor
Re: SOLD (EU): Agilent InfiniiMax 1132A 5GHz differential probe amp (repaired)
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 09:25:45 am »

Well, fine. Their dynamic range as well as AC CM range are not good enough for me.
I need one with true single ended capability.

I quite like my HP 1152A probes for such tasks. They are 2.5GHz but have +/- 5V of range and can subtract out +/- 20V of DC offset. Tho you will need a Infiniium scope to use that as the DC offset feature are done with a DAC inside the scope providing a voltage back to the probe that then subtracts it away from the signal inside the probe amplifier.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf