Author Topic: Like to see a lot of stuff blown up?  (Read 11456 times)

Offline TheWelly888Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Like to see a lot of stuff blown up?
« on: November 06, 2010, 08:47:31 pm »
If you haven't already seen them, this UK guy has a 200,000 volt transformer in his house and blows up all kinds of electrical stuff! He makes Doug Ford's machine look tame  ;D

He destroys a washing machine ( 1 million views so far!! )

He blows up a coconut using electricity

Check out his awesome soldering technique - arc welder on a laptop motherboard!   ;)

There's loads more destruction clips on his channel!  https://www.youtube.com/user/Photonicinduction

You can do anything with the right attitude and a hammer.

Offline XynxNet

• Regular Contributor
Re: Like to see a lot of stuff blown up?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 12:26:41 am »
I don't know. Somehow Dave and his friend Doug inspire a lot more confidence in me than that guy.
Watching this 3 videos I constantly asked myself whether he knows what he is doing.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:28:51 am by XynxNet »

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 12:42:37 am »
while googling for "russian inventor" last night i found this... NOT SO FUN STUFF read carefully what this electrician guy has blown up. i was about to post it in another thread but i think its not that relevant. making electrical stuffs is relevant though. read it!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 02:18:14 am by shafri »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 12:48:12 am »
He makes Doug Ford's machine look tame  ;D
i want to make typo correction here...
He makes Doug Ford's machine look Lame!  ;D
i've seen the washing machine vidz, very funny, makes me jumping in laugh while looking at it! crazy people!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:50:59 am by shafri »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline allanw

• Frequent Contributor
    • Electronoblog
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 01:51:02 am »
while googling for "russian inventor last night" i found this... FUN STUFF read carefully what this electrician guy has blown up. i was about to post it in another thread but i think its not that relevant. making electrical stuffs is relevant though. read it!

Uh oh.. I'm about to meet some random person off the internet to buy a scope for what can only be described as a price way too good to be true.

Offline SG-1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2010, 02:42:10 am »
The washing machine was not the only thing destroyed.  He did a pretty good number on the flower bed as well.  Wonder if the wife/girl friend done a number on him ??  Would need the police photographs to see that.  Unless she decides to make her own u-tube...!
Advice is a dangerous gift, even from the wise to the wise.

Offline Time

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2010, 03:12:38 am »
This guy seems like the UK version of American White trash/redneck.
-Time

Offline sonicj

• Frequent Contributor
  • updata successed!
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2010, 05:12:24 am »
lol

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2010, 07:41:37 am »
lol! i thought i'm going to say he is crazy. but... he is a crazy dickhead! :D
makes me thinking, if the cam is tossed, how come the vidz survive! crazy me! i should have thought b4 watching it!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 07:43:32 am by shafri »

Offline Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2010, 08:39:04 am »
I think he put it in the microwave with the power turned on so low the magnetron didn't turn on.

I was disappointed with he the laptop one, he should've blown up the lithium ion batteries.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2010, 10:16:03 am »
I think he put it in the microwave with the power turned on so low the magnetron didn't turn on.

I was disappointed with he the laptop one, he should've blown up the lithium ion batteries.
There is another vid of a lithium cell connectd to a car battery charger - a little disappoining though!
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2010, 10:32:41 am »
lol! i thought i'm going to say he is crazy. but... he is a crazy dickhead! :D

Yes, East Europe also agrees with this verdict ..    :D   :D   :D

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2010, 10:35:46 am »
I call him a dickhead too, at least dough's stuff is lightly informative, this guy is too random. The washing machine video is so funny, the rest err, shouldn't this guy be paying more attention to his girl or spending the time finding one ? of course darwin might have his way and the guy will end up doing himself an injury in which case hopefully it does not cost me too much of my tax money

Offline cybergibbons

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2010, 10:57:28 am »
I find it very strange how he seems to do all of this stuff indoors, in a carpeted room.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 11:05:21 am »
Well maybe he has had neighbors complain about his dangerous activities.

Now the neighbors might complain about noise but the police can do nothing about inside noise pollution in the UK this is a matter for the council who are on the whole useless. (I was actually told that unless i could see the stereo in the garden I had no claim to make to the police, the fact that I could hear the damn thing inside my own house was no matter to the police)

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2010, 11:35:53 am »
...shouldn't this guy be paying more attention to his girl or spending the time finding one ?...
he's a gay! :D i think... he already got one, in the laptop destruction! :P

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2010, 11:39:50 am »
...shouldn't this guy be paying more attention to his girl or spending the time finding one ?...
he's a gay! :D i think... he already got one, in the laptop destruction! :P

oh right 2 nuts (well 4) just what we need, oh well whatever keeps him entertained. Hopefully he does no harm to anyone else and does not inspire anyone to do anything dangerous, that messy room does not look like a great place for "controlled destruction" more like a bomb waiting to go off

Offline TheWelly888Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2010, 12:08:09 pm »
I admit that after posting the first three clips, I saw one of him ranting drunkenly about computers and admitting that he smashes them up when they start booting longer than 35 seconds so I realised he has to be mental.  :-\ By the way did you notice the car he drives and the insulator on his gate post in the coconut clip?

I'm glad I don't live next door to him, to be honest!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:11:01 pm by TheWelly888 »
You can do anything with the right attitude and a hammer.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:26 pm »
I didn't bother to watch all 11+ minutes of that dribble but if people actually "follow" him on youtube they have to be as sad and mental as he is. No I'd not like him as a neighbor

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2010, 01:27:56 pm »
in the last vidz... whats the scope below the tv, looks cool. and he succesfully demonstrated the basic working principle of a "fuse" and some education about backlighting. :D
i remember a movie "Untraceable" where the guy setup a torture device infront of a cam live in internet, and setup the trigger according to how many viewers are online. more viewers, more acid or voltages will be applied to the victim (captured) really spooky. i guess its one of the example how internet could encourage people to do bad things.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 01:31:31 pm by shafri »

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2010, 02:13:25 pm »
I didn't bother to watch all 11+ minutes of that dribble but if people actually "follow" him on youtube they have to be as sad and mental as he is. No I'd not like him as a neighbor

I will say just this about him , as I am not an perfect character either.
What we see in the last video , its an smart person , who has an self respect crisis , and by all those videos, he finds an way to express him self , and stay connected with the society, the free society.
The free society who does not have the imposed rules of  "The proper way of speech - look -  cloths - style " ( example : the National TV News )

The modern financial crisis , had pushed even me , to get out less or not at all ,
to feel very lonely some times ,  to buy new things that makes me happy for just 12 minutes.

But still, I think that I have an advantage over him , I do not drink alcohol , I just smoke cigarettes.
And so publicly I am more accepted than him ... 

And so, this is one from this moments , that I will not blame him as potential neighbor ,
simply because its possible , our lifestyle , soon to look like his ...

For some people with good education , its harder to happen , or they will just fall last.
But the chain reaction has started ( an big blow in our society ) , and even me ,
I am not that optimistic .

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2010, 02:18:43 pm »
in any case, I'd not want him as neighbor !

Offline Kiriakos-GR

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • User is banned.
    • Honda AX-1 rebuild
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2010, 02:35:39 pm »

Ok I will give him to shafri ..  ;D

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2010, 03:01:35 pm »

with pleasure, you see in this country between the incompetence of the police and the sheer quantity of nutters, if you have problems with neighbors it's easier to move house

Offline Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2010, 05:13:54 pm »
i will keep an eye on him! :D
i dont think he can do the hi-v stuff here, he can collapse the whole grid! will give an attention to policeman :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf