Author Topic: CLOSED: WTB:7-1/2 digit DMM (Keithley 2001 preferred) in fully working condition  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Le_BassisteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
All,
I'm looking for a 7-1/2 digit DMM in fully working and calibrated condition.  willing to buy for a reasonable price or trade for either a
- CANON EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM (mint condition, rarely used, all accessories, original box and receipt), or
- a set of HP-41CV/CX calculators and accessories (details negotiable, have lot of items), fully working, no corrosion, all port covers, or
- a mint FLUKE 289 FVF with all accessories & SW, Super-Cap replaced, fully working, + negotiable € compensation  :box:

I'm located in germany, so schengen area preferred, but not a must. please send me a PM or email with your offer.

thanks for looking!  :-DMM

Hans

« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 07:28:30 pm by Le_Bassiste »
An assertion ending with a question mark is a brain fart.

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline Macbeth

• Super Contributor
Deathwish,  :-DD the 2001 is in a whole other league (with a magnitude in price difference too!)

I say that as a happy 2000 & 2015 owner. Only voltnut insanity would lead me to > 6.5 digits. I keep fighting it, I do.  :box:

Offline Deathwish

• Supporter
shh I am thinking on the 2015 THD, dont tempt me more
Electrons are typically male, always looking for any hole to get into.
trying to strangle someone who talks out of their rectal cavity will fail, they can still breath.
God hates North Wales, he has put my home address on the blacklist of all couriers with instructions to divert all parcels.

Offline eas

• Frequent Contributor
    • Tech Obsessed
Deathwish,  :-DD the 2001 is in a whole other league (with a magnitude in price difference too!)

I say that as a happy 2000 & 2015 owner. Only voltnut insanity would lead me to > 6.5 digits. I keep fighting it, I do.  :box:

If you keep your eye out, you can get a 2001 for $500-600. I've opted out of even trying, because while it is a good deal, and not that much more than the $350 I paid for a relatively recent Keithley 2000 with the latest firmware and a ~2013 calibration, it's still paying for precision that I don't need and that will suck me in further into Volt-nuttery.

On the other hand, when I saw a Datron 1081 with a damaged case and what I hope is an innocuous self-test error for $300, I couldn't resist... Of course, now I'm going to feel the need to get it calibrated...

Still, a volt-nut who is also a photographer, or for whom photography is a justification to acquire nice gear, should find that Canon lens attractive. Or just sell it and use the proceeds. It looks like used lenses of that model consistently sell for over $1000 every few days. That should be enough to get one at a BIN price shipped to Germany and maybe still have the money for a fresh calibration. (I'm not sure about duties though).

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
Still, a volt-nut who is also a photographer, or for whom photography is a justification to acquire nice gear, should find that Canon lens attractive.

Hehe, any more out there?

What body you have? Its a awesome lens  :-+

Ah, a L lens, with the red ring. I guess its the equivalent to some high tech toys "tools" ;)

Offline Le_BassisteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Still, a volt-nut who is also a photographer, or for whom photography is a justification to acquire nice gear, should find that Canon lens attractive.

Ah, a L lens, with the red ring. I guess its the equivalent to some high tech toys "tools" ;)

yeah, that piece of glass is a true beauty, indeed. I had her for low-light shooting in jazz-clubs on a 5dm3, but alas, my hands are not as steady as the IS on the 24-105, that's why we have to part.  :-//
fortunately though, i now got an offer from a forum member to buy his 2001,  which i accepted, so i can keep her for another while. just in case, you know.

so, for the 2001, case closed  :-+

An assertion ending with a question mark is a brain fart.

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor

yeah, that piece of glass is a true beauty, indeed. I had her for low-light shooting in jazz-clubs on a 5dm3, but alas, my hands are not as steady as the IS on the 24-105, that's why we have to part.  :-//
fortunately though, i now got an offer from a forum member to buy his 2001,  which i accepted, so i can keep her for another while. just in case, you know.

so, for the 2001, case closed  :-+

Yeah i know (got it myself). Awesome lens, especially on a 5D (full-frame). How you like the IS, gives you a extra f-stop?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf