Author Topic: Why my battery charger not charging powerbank and other electronics?  (Read 302 times)

Online DiDBoGDaNTopic starter

• Contributor
I just bought new battery charger, with quick charge, 3A, it's kinda noname, but anyway, I tried to charge my phone (samsung) and it is working just fine, but when I trying to charge my power bank, or conect to IP2312 it's not working at all
My original charger from samsung (2A) works just fine with IP2312 and powerbank
Why my battery charger not charging powerbank and other electronics but when i connect it to the phone it works just fine?
« Last Edit: Today at 01:40:08 am by DiDBoGDaN »

Offline Benta

• Super Contributor
Try reading your question again, and thinking about what information we would need to answer it.

Offline PGPG

• Contributor
what information we would need to answer

Long time ago I was using GP quick battery charger (2A) but it overloaded AA cells damaging them fast.
The first question that came to my mind was: How to insert a phone into battery compartment of battery charger?

• Contributor
Thanks, I Edited question

Offline MrAl

• Super Contributor
I just bought new battery charger, with quick charge, 3A, it's kinda noname, but anyway, I tried to charge my phone (samsung) and it is working just fine, but when I trying to charge my power bank, or conect to IP2312 it's not working at all
My original charger from samsung (2A) works just fine with IP2312 and powerbank
Why my battery charger not charging powerbank and other electronics but when i connect it to the phone it works just fine?

Hi,

This is just a guess but some of the newer phone chargers are "high efficiency" which means they do not put out any voltage at all unless they can communicate with the device being charged FIRST.  The older chargers put out 5v to start with so they would work with just about anything they just might not put out the full charge rate.  The newer ones may not put out anything at all so that could be the problem.

Of course it could also be a bad charger, or the charging cord is not up to par with the charger and/or device.  You could try a new cable that is made for fast charging.

I have a USB meter that will not turn on with my newest wall wart charger made by Samsung.  Everything else works with it.  It's a high efficiency charger.  The charger is waiting for a communication that the USB meter cannot provide so it never gets any power at all.

Just some possibilities.

The following users thanked this post: DiDBoGDaN

• Contributor
Hey, thanks for the answer, I really think you right about communication between phone and charger, because that was my first guess after i tried different cables and chargers, is there any way to force it to work? I heard something about charging triggers
Update:
I found that this charging triggers exist: 5V 9V 15V 20V PD QC AFC Fast Charge Decoy Trigger is one of them
« Last Edit: Today at 06:13:29 am by DiDBoGDaN »

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
its hard to say something without information which standards are supported on your charger and which standards are required by your powerbank. Most of all the charger just don't support any standard required by your powerbank.

Probably your powerbank wants high voltage, but the charger don't support high voltage power delivery standards.

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
is there any way to force it to work?

if your charger supports enough power, you can try to use this module:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005281312049.html

I have one and it works well, you can provide any source up to 25V and it provides a lot of PD and QC standards which cover almost any device. It has two inputs: DC and USB-C to provide power from power supply, you can use any of them. To provide 20V / 5A, it's better to use DC input and provide 23-24V.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:12:09 pm by radiolistener »

The following users thanked this post: DiDBoGDaN

• Contributor
the inscription on my power bank: input 5 V 2 A (max.)
also i know my charger doesn't have fast charge function but that's not really a problem i'm just trying to use this new charger for my other project and it doesn't work but it doesn't matter now thanks for the replies

Offline MrAl

• Super Contributor
Hey, thanks for the answer, I really think you right about communication between phone and charger, because that was my first guess after i tried different cables and chargers, is there any way to force it to work? I heard something about charging triggers
Update:
I found that this charging triggers exist: 5V 9V 15V 20V PD QC AFC Fast Charge Decoy Trigger is one of them

Hello,

Yes, there is a device they call a trigger, but you have to be very careful with them.  That's because if you set it for 12 volts and your device to be charged only takes 5 volts, you could easily blow out the charging capability of the device or even the entire device might blow out.

You could try measuring the output of your power bank see if it puts out 5v.  I think most of them do so it could also be something else preventing the charging to take place.
They make connectors with wires on them so you can measure USB outputs, as long as they are capable of doing that without communication with any device.  They make nice power meters that measure voltage, current, power, other stuff too, that are not too expensive.  You connect it between your power bank and the device to be charged and it gives a continuous readout of voltage and current at the very least.  Very good to have when you have devices you want to charge.  Even if the device is charging ok you can then check to see how well it is charging.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf