Author Topic: Difference between these 2 seemingly identical NICHICON L8 470uf/16V caps  (Read 1288 times)

Offline DiscotechTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CompareProductsDisplay?catalogId=15001&langId=44&storeId=10151&catentryId=65161897,65199932&pageType=PLP

I'm trying to figure out what is the difference in these caps, the only difference that I can find is one is 8mm 79R3102  and the other is 8mm 79R3101 however I have no clue what that difference actually means

Mouser has the same cap listed 4 times (difference here is bulk vs cut reel but can still order 1 from both ?)

Just want to make sure I'm ordering the correct ones

Thanks

Online Kjelt

• Super Contributor
Rtfm.
C'mon he is posting in the beginners section a bit more politeness would suit you.

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Offline DiscotechTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Rtfm. 1KX suffix stands for 2000hr lifetime, and ASQKX suffix stands for 5000hr lifetime. Yes, lower rates part can be more expensive due to lower production volume. Unless you are supporting old designs with requirement of using exact same part numbers, just go with the better and cheaper one.

Darnell can list incorrect data, and it happens all the time. Always double check with datasheet.

Thanks much easier to spot it in the manual when somebody mentions it  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf