Author Topic: LM386N overheating  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Gyro

• Super Contributor
Re: LM386N overheating
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2019, 08:56:50 pm »
It's probably doing you a favour - you wouldn't catch me putting one of those things up against my eardrum!  :o

I think it needs relocating to the dodgy as hell ebay items page.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 08:58:28 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2019, 10:55:06 pm »
It's not worth one important and delicate sense .

if it overheats it reminds the game excitebike when leaving the accelerator pressed :P.

Just use a tiny mp3 player with mic because they are almost forgoten :P.

If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Offline Audioguru

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2019, 02:13:22 am »
It is a stupid idea to place a magnet against your eardrum that is designed to have only air against it.
Why is it so important to have the earphone hidden?

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2019, 02:18:00 am »
 :popcorn:

2) How do you take out the earpiece?

-Place batteries connectors  near your ear canal and slowly turn your head so your ear is parallel to the ground. Gravity and the force of the magnet will pull the magnet  to  batteries connectors. It may help to use a metal stick on the end of the magnet for extra control.

I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline golden_labels

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2019, 03:56:58 am »
Prepare money to pay for a visit to a otorhinolaringologist after that thing gets stuck in earwax. :-DD Good advise: do not try to remove it by yourself if it is stuck. Don’t worry, the doctor will not be surprised — they are used to removing strange things from various holes in human body.

As for the amplifier (I assume LM386N is there): we can say nothing without the schematics. But a blind guess: if it is powered directly from the batteries, it is lkely outside rated supply voltage. They supply over 19V, while absolute maximum is typically 15V.
People imagine AI as T1000. What we got so far is glorified T9.

Offline malagas_on_fire

• Frequent Contributor
  • Kernel Panic
    • Malagas Lair
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2019, 10:43:02 am »
Another thing is that there is no LM386N overheating at all.... is the ear gadget ...and dramatic as opinions may look they are to protect you're ears. It may trap the ear channel where waves that travels through cerumem to the drum. Search for anatomy of ear and check out .

Also search for instructions regarding ear protections such as used on swimming pools or the spongy ones, they clearly warn about how long it should be placed inside the hear and these are not burning devices. The same aplies for its removal ...

If one can make knowledge flow than it will go from negative to positve , for real

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 02:53:14 pm »
My advise is don't use it. Putting a magnet on your eardrum is a very stupid and dangerous idea.  :palm:

Use this device for educational purposes only. Take it to bits, reverse engineer the schematic and learn how it works. Once you've done that, salvage any parts which you find useful and throw the rest in the bin!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf