Author Topic: Adjusting transformer feedback frequency  (Read 459 times)

Offline gkmaiaTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist
Adjusting transformer feedback frequency
« on: February 26, 2020, 12:25:30 am »
I've got a scope I am working on for quite a while and the HV transformer was dead so I had to make a new one.

As I have two of these scopes I toke the transformer of the working one out and reverse engineered it. When tested with 60Khz frequency and 10% of the actual voltage they output exactly the same values.

The thing is, when I tested the transformer in circuit the feedback winding produced the correct voltage but its frequency was 300khz and because of that my R457 in the RC is starting to smoke.

The right frequency is 60Khz.

I am wondering is there is a way to tweak this circuit to better work with my transformer and reduce the frequency from 300khz down to 60khz.

Is it something to be done at R/C 457 or on the feedback drive circuit prior to C455?

Or is C455 that defines the frequency while charging and discharging? If it is... adding capacitance will slow the cycles?

« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 12:39:51 am by gkmaia »

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: Adjusting transformer feedback frequency
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 09:49:13 pm »
I'd strongly suspect the high value HV divider resistors on the secondary side have drifted and the resultant voltage feedback is now too high causing the primary switching to operate outside its design parameters.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Some stuff seen @ Siglent HQ cannot be shared.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf