Author Topic: KORAD KA3005P  (Read 13466 times)

Offline tony3dTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: KORAD KA3005P
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2013, 08:19:47 am »
Ouch! I'm wondering if anybody actually gets one that is 100%. How is it cosmetically? Have you had any issues with the power switch? Was reading that many people had those fail. Does everything else on the other two channels operate correctly? All these failure certainly don't instill a lot of faith, but as you say the unit has so much potential. Looking forward to seeing the pictures tomorrow. Even if everything is ok, I wonder how these things will last? What scares me is they have had quite a long time to fix all these issues, and yet they persist. Something just seems wrong with that. Although being an audiophile, I remember buying a new Crown IC150 preamp which was completely dead right out of the box in the mid 70's, and they were consider the best in there day. Go figure. I'm almost at the point of being afraid to turn the thing on at all  for fear it may blow up! I'm a noob to this hobby, and just in the early stages of learning, so I was wondering what procedures you recommend I use to test my unit for proper operation?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 08:40:08 am by tony3d »

Offline tony3dTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 12:38:47 pm »
Do you think I would be wise to remove the cover, and check out the innards before firing it up? I don't want to void the SRA Solder warranty. It's out for delivery now.

Offline george graves

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 10:14:09 pm »
It's be fine.  Not sure why you're so worked up about for a $100 power supply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf