Author Topic: Single COM LCD with 1621 driver  (Read 598 times)

Offline Aggressive_DoughnutTopic starter

• Contributor
Single COM LCD with 1621 driver
« on: May 25, 2020, 02:18:35 pm »
Not sure if this is exactly "beginner" but I'm not sure where else it fits.  For power reasons (and uC pin count) I would like to drive a single COM LCD display with a 1621 derivative LCD driver.  The 1621 says that it can so 1/2 or 1/3 bias and 2 to 4 COMs.  Does this mean I'm out of luck?  Or can I hook up, say, 2 COM outputs to the same single COM on the display and just drive it twice?  This is for custom glass that I am having built, but it was only after the drawings came back that I was able to test the setup and realized that I really need an LCD driver rather than relying on the uC.  Anyone have any experience in this department?

Offline ebclr

• Super Contributor
Re: Single COM LCD with 1621 driver
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2020, 04:37:37 pm »
You can use without problems, Juts maintain disconnected the other ones, Set the BIAS &
COM to 2 COM.

Make sure you really need only 1 com even small lcds use 2 3 4 , look more careful on your LCD specs, More coms makes the LCD cheaper and easy to make

Here  a simple 4 digit LCD example

« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 04:49:09 pm by ebclr »

Offline Aggressive_DoughnutTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Single COM LCD with 1621 driver
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 02:36:08 pm »
Thanks!  Like I said, I'm having these made for a project, so I know that it's only one COM for sure (it's only like 12 segments) but I got nervous when I decided to switch to a driver because all of the driver ICs that I can find only drive at multiple bias.  I could probably have them retool for two COMs, but it's great to know that I probably won't have to.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf