Author Topic: Electric Skateboard Remote - Schematic Review  (Read 1142 times)

Offline cmkluzaTopic starter

Electric Skateboard Remote - Schematic Review
« on: January 02, 2020, 03:39:26 am »
Hey all,

I'm making a PCB for an electric skateboard remote. On the back of lots of mistakes with my first PCB project, I'm hoping you guys might spot any silly mistakes I'm making with this one.

It's going to be using an nRF82540 for BLE communication to the skateboard. It'll be powered by a single 3.7V li-ion cell, charged through micro-USB. In terms of I/O, I'm taking inspiration from e.g. how SolidGeek did their nRF24-Esk8-Remote (https://github.com/SolidGeek/nRF24-Esk8-Remote) and how Boosted does their remote - a thumbwheel that moves a magnet detected by an analog hall sensor and some buttons. There's a buzzer for audible feedback and an LCD for visible feedback (I'll probably add some LEDs too).

Stylistically I see I've got some inconsistent designator/info placement, and also lots of empty space to spread things out into once I'm more settled on the schematic.

Functionally, the only thing I'm thinking of right now is maybe going back through and adding more test points wherever I think it might help firmware development. I've also heard that ESD protection on the USB lines isn't very necessary - maybe I should just DNP those for now? This certainly isn't going to be a consumer product.

As an aside, I'm new to the forum, so not sure the best format to give the schematic - I've attached the Altium "smart" PDF as well as some PNGs of it.

Looking forward to any feedback, tips, advice, etc!
- Cameron

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf