Author Topic: New here! :) [Multimeter question]  (Read 5365 times)

Offline UberStrike88Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
New here! :) [Multimeter question]
« on: June 27, 2014, 04:26:35 pm »
Hello guys!,

I'm new here at the forum:). So i'm just a simple guy who sometimes plays with electronics. But my multimeter just died :( (fluke 18b)
So i need a new one for this summer and i can't get a new fluke atm because they are to expensife. (got the other one for free)
So i need a meter with the same futures for a price. So here is what i found what is close to it and pretty cheap (40-50 euro)
Here is the link: http://www.peaktech.de/productdetail/kategorie/multimeter/produkt/p-2015.html
It looks like a german brand and have a good developed website (looked at the source), And they have a lot of products.
So what do you think? I never go beyond the 20/30V and i sometimes measure mains. So what do you think about it? :)

Regards,

Offline abaxas

• Regular Contributor
Re: New here! :) [Multimeter question]
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 04:37:16 pm »
I beleive the stock answer is a ut-61e.

Just dont use it with high/higher voltages.

Offline Yago

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 04:53:48 pm »

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 05:02:29 pm »
Although that video is a bit old and outdated, most of the models are still available. There are some new options. One of them:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uni-T-UT139C-True-RMS-Digital-Multimeter-with-Temperature-NCV-Backlight-/171213085325

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 05:11:07 pm »
Yep, the 139C is a better option. True RMS and 6,000 count.
PeakTech is a German brand, but most of their meters are customized Chinese instruments.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/UT139C-TRMS-UNI-T-6000DIGITS-Multimeter-AutoRange-NCV-EF-und-mehr-PinSonne-/141323331838?pt=Toilettentrainer&hash=item20e786e8fe

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 06:01:06 pm »
Thank you guys for the info! but the uni-t and such brands are not available at all without like 1 month of shipping, this one only takes 1 day and it looks like it has everything, Again thanks but what do you think about this multimeter? If i could i would choose a good branded one but unfortuently i can't. This multimeter will be only be in use for 1 month maybe 2. So what do you think? Its on sale right now for 35.99 without tax (21%) 
Ohh and btw, I do use sometimes! (1x a month) something with high voltage 110-230 etc,
And guys i'm dutch not german ahaha :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:02:53 pm by UberStrike88 »

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2014, 06:21:46 pm »
Sorry, I cannot provide any opinion on that meter. if you need something now, anything, then just buy it and then do a review here!

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2014, 06:26:46 pm »
But my multimeter just died :( (fluke 18b)
I'm interested in how it died and possibly providing suggestions on how to fix it.  If you are interested, started a new thread called Fluke 18B dead - help me fix it (or something like that).

I can't guarantee that it will be fixed, but I will read it.  Provide as much detail as possible about how it died, what works and doesn't work.

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 06:30:59 pm »
The link I gave you is purposefully from a German seller, with stock in Germany. Delivery should only take a few days, depending on where you live.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 06:37:22 pm »
The fluke died pretty badly xD, My brother layd it on the window and he dropped it :(
And yeah It is totaly broke i think xD
I think i'm going to but the peaktech because it will come tommorow and i'm going on vacation on wednesday :( (that is why i need it to) So yeah i'll buy a new 17b later i think or that uni-t :)
Btw i live in the netherlands
And is there something in the specs of the meter that is bad or something that you don't like?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:42:41 pm by UberStrike88 »

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 06:58:37 pm »
It looks cheaply made. Hot spot on the screen backlight and 20A on the amps range doesn't inspire confidence. You can do a lot better at that price point, than 4,000 count and averaging AC voltage.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:09 pm »
Can you suggest something that cost 35 euro atm? i do consider everything of you guys!\
And btw i never use the smps range anyway :P i'm just a programmer (python, Java, C++,Html,CSSandPHP etc) that is inspired in electronics

Offline Legit-Design

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2014, 07:10:27 pm »
Can you suggest something that cost 35 euro atm?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uni-T-UT139C-True-RMS-Digital-Multimeter-with-Temperature-NCV-Backlight-/171213085325
Already suggested above at from Germany 47€,  from china it costs
US $49.99
Approximately EUR 36.79
+$2.40 (approx. EUR 1.77) shipping

Highly recommend Franky aka 99centhobbies. He ships super quick.

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2014, 07:26:24 pm »
Or an even cheaper option:

http://www.reichelt.nl/Digital-Multimeters/UT-139C/3//index.html?ARTICLE=135965

Shipping 6.95, might even make it before you go on holiday.
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »
Hmmm i ordered the peaktech and going to order the uni-t to, the peaktech will be for on holyday to make sure i don't break my stuff and the uni-t will be my new bench multimeter, Thanks guys!

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 07:40:01 pm »
The PeakTech has 250V fuses, which is not legal in Europe anymore, for a CAT III 1000V rating, under the new legislation, unless they are selling old stocks imported before the deadline.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 07:45:01 pm by Wytnucls »

Offline Legit-Design

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »
Or an even cheaper option:

I was counting on the item not getting stuck in customs. I like playing customs roulette. I don't know about customs in other european countries but I've gotten several packets without having to pay VAT. Or having to explain to them with receipt what this item actually costs. Letter without tracking number will almost certainly not get stuck in customs. Therefore even if the value is higher than vat/customs limit it will just arrive normally. Letter with tracking number has significantly higher chance of being stopped and investigated. Parcel that is heavy and will have tracking number will certainly get stopped and have go through the process of paying VAT. Most multimeters will fit in padded envelopes and arrive as letters.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2014, 08:57:30 pm »
Really :O so you recommend me to replace the fuse with what for one? (i never had a look about this sort of things)
And yeah thats also a reason why i don't want to buy something what is not in the eu, Sometimes i order from china but only legal stuff like screen protectors or whatever

Offline Wytnucls

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 09:35:08 pm »
There may not be enough space for larger fuses, so live with what you've got and be careful when working with high power circuits.
To be legal, it should also have a permanent 'CE' mark somewhere on the meter; perhaps on the back of it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf