Author Topic: Diagram Doofus  (Read 313 times)

Offline TechJeffTopic starter

• Contributor
Diagram Doofus
« on: July 01, 2024, 09:53:27 pm »
Hello Ladies & Gents,

So I am trying to get this drone together for the kids on the 4th of July. But I am working off a diagram somebody put on the internet.  Trying to learn more about electronics by using an Arduino too. 

Everything is close, but the problem is that the drawing... seems to be wrong.  I don't have enough experience to call a ball from a strike- I am a diagram doofus, lol.  I would greatly appreciate your help deciphering this diagram.

Referring to the first attached diagram, everything makes sense- save for the black arrow I have placed.  If you look, it seems to me that he has the negative side of the voltage divider, going into the positive voltage in...  Short circuit city to my eyes. 

Granted, there is no dot showing the downwind side of the voltage divider to indicate a connection- but why show that path at all?  It seems to me that he forgot to send that to wherever it is supposed to go.

And the red arrow shows a connection from the battery to the voltage in pin on the Arduino.  That looks right to me, but please let me know if that's not right.  FYI, battery is 11 volts, well within the tolerance of the Arduino.

The second drawing shows the full diagram.

Two questions.

1.  Does that voltage divider really connect there? 
2.  If it does not, where does it go?  Does it go to a ground pin? Will any ground pin work?

Refer to the second drawing for the entire diagram.

Thanks guys.  Really want to show the kids that Grandpa is still "Hip and relevant" lol.  In reality, trying to spur an early interests in technology. 

TJ 

Offline Ian.M

• Super Contributor
Re: Diagram Doofus
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2024, 10:19:27 pm »
Looks sane, assuming the right end of R2 goes to Gnd.   It feeds A0 with 40% of Vin, allowing the ADC to measure battery voltages up to 12.5V (+ 1 diode drop).  You'll see another dodgy junction dot on the 5V net going to the gyro and receiver power - someone was lazy with their schematic entry and went pin to pin rather than taking the time to get a wire end where the junction should be.

Offline TechJeffTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: Diagram Doofus
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2024, 02:46:42 am »
It works!

Well by works I mean it did not blow up and the Arduino gave an all good.  I still need to hook up the antenna and the ESC controllers, but so far it is awesome!

Thank you!

TJ

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf