Author Topic: Need Help yihua 862BD+ 2in1 solder iron will not heat up  (Read 2956 times)

Offline RespawnRestrictedTopic starter

Need Help yihua 862BD+ 2in1 solder iron will not heat up
« on: August 10, 2019, 03:01:18 pm »
 |OI need some help. I just bought a yihua 862BD+   2in1 station and the solder iron was working fine for about half a hour . I set it down and went to use it again within 30sec and now the iron will not heat up no matter what way I change the temp. It seems like it's in some kind of sleep mode. We're the temp usually is now just says 30 and their is a . In lower right it seems to count up but no matter how long I let it sit I can not get it to work again. It must be a setting issue I hope but I for the life of me can't figure this out no matter wat combination of buttons I press.

And yes I know it's prob just something completely easy that I'm missing lol. Please help thank you
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 06:02:36 pm by RespawnRestricted »

Re: Iron on yihua 862BD+ will not heat up
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »
To break it down simple. it seems to be stuck in a sleep mode or something and u dk how to get to out to start ramping up the solder iron .. does anyone with this type of solder iron know how to fix it  ^-^ ^-^

Offline electricMN

• Regular Contributor
Re: Need Help yihua 862BD+ 2in1 solder iron will not heat up
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 07:44:56 pm »
Did you try cycling the power to the unit to see if it would exit the mode it's stuck in?

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 08:04:06 pm »
Ya turned it on and off a bunch left it unplugged for hours changed fuse in back all that and still stuck in sleep mode thing  |O |O |O

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 08:44:38 pm »
I just said screw it and am gonna return it was gonna get one of knock offs that uses the t12 style tip. Does anyone have any suggestions on what one to get ??. Has to be on Amazon bc I got a credit

Offline bc888

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 10:21:51 pm »
Well, they say "buy once, cry once" and suggest the highly regarded Pace ADS200. https://www.amazon.com/PACE-ADS200-AccuDrive-Soldering-Tip-Heater/dp/B07DX7DGRL/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=pace+200+soldering&qid=1565648371&s=gateway&sr=8-2

You do a search on Eevblog and you'll see that it's well loved. The "buy once, cry once" in this instance comes in at $247.99
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 10:23:44 pm by bc888 »

Offline electricMN

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 11:17:12 pm »
Did you take the cover off to see if the wiring to the soldering iron connector has a loose wire? Or if the connector for the cable harness from the PC board to the soldering iron connector is well attached to the connector on the PC board?
I have the 862D+ and it works quite nicely for me. I made some mods to the incoming AC power wiring because of the neutral wire being fused instead of the hot wire. This is a well known problem with these soldering stations.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf