Author Topic: help buy ziplock aliexpress for protect my electronics  (Read 812 times)

Offline johnrodriguesTopic starter

• !
help buy ziplock aliexpress for protect my electronics
« on: August 15, 2020, 12:00:45 pm »
could you indicate on Aliexpress good quality ziplock bag to store my electronic devices and DVD discs and protect them from moisture? I have silica gel but I don't know which ziplock to buy but the bag size is on average 22x32cm

Online tooki

• Super Contributor
Re: help buy ziplock aliexpress for protect my electronics
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2020, 01:48:10 pm »
Assuming we are talking finished goods and not components, I’d actually go with good quality freezer bags from your grocery store, as they’re designed to keep liquids in. (Most non-food ziplock bags are not entirely watertight, which you want when keeping things dry.) Ideally, you’d put the electronic gadgets into a silver antistatic bag first with the desiccant, and then put that into a freezer bag. Or even vacuum seal it if you have the sealer and it’s for long term storage.

For components, you definitely want the silver antistatic bags. Either a quality one if you’ll use it alone, or a cheaper less airtight one if you’ll double bag it.

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2020, 03:31:02 pm »
In the US, my go-to source for ziplock bags (regular, labeled, and antistatic) in a very wide variety of sizes is McMaster Carr, the source of all good things.  https://www.mcmaster.com/plastic-bags/press-to-close-bags/
Grocery-store bags are fine (unless you need antistatic), but are available in a much smaller set of sizes.

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2020, 03:35:58 pm »
could you indicate on Aliexpress good quality ziplock bag to store my electronic devices and DVD discs and protect them from moisture? I have silica gel but I don't know which ziplock to buy but the bag size is on average 22x32cm

Have you finished? or shall I just ban you? link to aliexpress come to a signature in this thread soon?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf