Author Topic: Where can I get electronic components very cheap, fast, and easy?  (Read 16749 times)

Offline andtfoot

• Supporter
Re: Where can I get electronic components very cheap, fast, and easy?
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 09:47:56 am »
I've usually gone to the local Jaycar, or eBay for some of the trickier things.
I tried Digikey for the first time recently. Definitely a big range and bloody quick postage. With the postage costs, it only really makes sense for a bigger order though.

Offline Gert Kotze

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 10:52:23 am »
Have you tried RS Components? They can deliver to you.

Offline filip_cro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 11:29:37 am »
Have you tried RS Components? They can deliver to you.
Aren't they one of most expensive site? 
They have prices even more than electronic stores in Croatia.
To me RS components = 3 x Digikey

Offline cavlovic

• Contributor
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 11:49:50 am »
Has anyone here tried www.tme.eu? They seem to have excellent prices and offer very cheap shipment to Europe, even for heavy packages.

Offline OhWhen

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 12:31:12 pm »
Tayda electronics is cheap not a lot of parts but good for starting out join on facebook and they have discounts

Decent enough range, everything shipped quickly and arrived in individual labelled bags. Everything has lived up to its specs so far. Certainly a great source of components for someone wanting to get their feet wet and stock up on some bread and butter items... it has served me very well for hobby use.

Otherwise, I've found that usually my first option is RS Components because they do free same day courier delivery with no minimum spend, which is fantastic. Otherwise I'll pop into a Jaycar store if I need something on a whim, or have a need to see it in person first.

Offline alrj

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2013, 12:57:23 pm »
Has anyone here tried www.tme.eu? They seem to have excellent prices and offer very cheap shipment to Europe, even for heavy packages.

I only bought my Brymen multimeter there, no components or anything else. Everything went just as expected.

Offline cavlovic

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2013, 03:14:46 pm »

I only bought my Brymen multimeter there, no components or anything else. Everything went just as expected.
I was looking for Brymen BM867 or 869 and run into them. They seem to have best price.

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:56 pm »
Cheap, fast and easy... Pick two...

Cheap, fast but not easy - strip parts from junk, pull things out of the trash.
Cheap, easy - Order from AlieExpress
Fast and easy - Mouser / Jameco or a local shop that sells parts.  You might even call a local TV repair shop and see if they will sell you some parts.
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline elektronchika

• Contributor
    • Elektronchika's blog
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2013, 07:05:07 pm »
Ebay is a good place for parts. I've ordered resistors, capacitors, ICs, batteries and many more. You can search and chose the supplier you want. The negative point is that it takes long for delivery (especially from China)

Offline geraldjhg

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2013, 07:26:06 pm »

new ones i think nowhere
well maybe in an old discarded monitor pc fax printer
there are quite good cheap but not so easy
G E R A L D

Offline BobbyK

• Regular Contributor
    • GameDesignIdeas
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2016, 08:47:01 pm »

For future reference:

Regarding TME.eu, I have purchased from them multiple times. They ship from Poland, and since that's near Austria I get my stuff within 3 working days. I normally pay about 8-10 euros shipping for 1Kg (2 pounds) of stuff delivered. Packaging is not as good as Mouser or DigiKey, but it is adequate (e.g. glass fuses are always bubble-wrapped and ESD sensitive stuff is always packed in "silver" baggies.) The selection is not huge, but they have all the common parts (regulators, 74 or 40 series logic, fuses, mechanical stuff, resistors, capacitors...). Here is a summary:

1. Very few rarely-used parts. If you are looking for a fast 8 channel 24bit ADC, you are probably not going to find it
2. Ships really fast in Europe
3. Prices better than mouser/digikey by about 20% on average
4. Be careful, Poland has a 23% VAT which they will slap on to the final price
5. Shipping is 8-10 Euros in Europe, so, not free
6. Documentation provided is amazing. You get receipt in a nice format delivered separately to your address. Lots of details for each part supplied.
7. They website is crap for searches. It is slow, and the cart is messy, but I eventually figured it out after a few purchases.

as an example: I recently put together an order for mouser of about 200 Euros (general stuff, nothing special). Mouser wanted 40 Euros VAT for Austria and had free shipping. They send UPS from the US and it arrives in 5 days max. Made the same order on TME, paid 152 after 23% VAT and 9.50 shipping, same or similar parts and they delivered in 3 days.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2016, 07:32:15 am »
The OP is from the US and I am not sure what the question is, but

www.aliexpress.com    (I think someone misspelled it)  I have had good luck with the sellers.

see also

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/beginners/from-no-parts-to-decent-stockpile-best-approach/

YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf