Author Topic: Any Spanish speakers out there?  (Read 3465 times)

Offline HooRideTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Any Spanish speakers out there?
« on: December 15, 2014, 05:01:34 am »
I have a 15 year old cousin that lives in Mexico; his parents recently told me of his growing interest in electronics. I feel like it's my duty to get him started with some basic stuff much like my parents did for me.

My question is, does anyone know of any decent beginners books that are in Spanish? I started with Forrest M. Mimms 'Getting Started In Electronics' and would love to give him something as practical and fundamental as that.

TL:DR
Beginners electronics book in Spanish.
Please enter all complaints legibly in this space -> [  ]

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
Re: Any Spanish speakers out there?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 05:21:25 am »
I was born and raised in Spain (American dad and Spanish mom) so my English was restricted to what they thought in school (even if my dad is fluent in both we only spoke in Spanish at home). That didn't stop me from getting programming/electronic books in english, including all those 74 series books and since my dad was a telco engineer for GTE at the time and I read his books, manuals etc.

I guess what I'm saying is that even a good book in English will be helpful plus he will learn the English technical terminology as well.

That said, there seems to be a lot of books in Spanish at Amazon.es (Spain)

http://www.amazon.es/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?__mk_es_ES=%C3%85M%C3%85%C5%BD%C3%95%C3%91&url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=electronica

« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:22:58 am by miguelvp »

Offline colotron

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 12:18:48 pm »
In Argentina when I was in high school I remember only 1 magazine about electronics "Saber electrónica", easy circuits, articles about transistors, multimeters, microcontrollers, theory and practice well combined.
I don't know if they are active today... let's see... yes, apparently they survived (last issue November 2014).
http://www.webelectronica.com.mx/
http://www.saberinternacional.com.mx/promos/abril2014/02-colec-se.htm

Offline HooRideTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2014, 11:07:53 pm »
Excellent, thank you two. I would love to give him a book or two in English but would hate to think he didn't pick up electronics any further because of the language barrier.

I'll look through the Spanish Amazon site and try to track down a well-reviewed intro book.

If anyone has a solid, first hand recommendations, that would be excellent.
Please enter all complaints legibly in this space -> [  ]

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2014, 12:12:19 am »
Saber Electrónica is okay for a beginer, also, he should check out Steren kits. Also, El ABC de la Electronica in Steren, is basically a clone of Mims book "getting started in electronics". It's not perfect but it's okay-ish. Saber Electrónica should be widely available in Mexico and Argentina. Steren is huge in Mexico. I think there's Farnell in Mexico as well.

For some reason neither Saber Electronica nor El ABC de la Electronica have the sort of high quality you see in english publications,  it's a bit sad. I really wish someone made excellent quality stuff in spanish  :-\

That's why I prefer the english-speaking electronics scene and why I'm here at the EEVForum and not Foros de Electronica  :-//
If you're serious about electronics, you should learn english and maybe even german or if you're brave enough, japanese  :-+
« Last Edit: December 19, 2014, 12:22:14 am by ivan747 »

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2014, 12:14:24 am »
Steren kits:
http://www.steren.com.mx/catalogo/sfam.asp?sf=112
El ABC de la electronica:
http://www.steren.com.mx/catalogo/prod.asp?sf=110&f=9&p=854&s=

Seems like they have online ordering and/or delivery in Mexico. That's cool. I wish we had delivery here in Dominican Republic. I guess it's a bit of a niche.

Offline atferrari

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2014, 03:22:27 pm »
Locally I recall borrowing from a library, Malvino's, translated to Spanish.

Not very math intensive. Probably the best ever I read (in Spanish as I said).
Agustín Tomás
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice, however, there is.

Offline ivan747

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2014, 06:35:46 pm »
Locally I recall borrowing from a library, Malvino's, translated to Spanish.

Not very math intensive. Probably the best ever I read (in Spanish as I said).
I bought Malvino's Electronics Principles (Principios de Electrónica) on offer, I paid about US $30 or $35 for it at the time. You see, university textbooks aren't ridiculously expensive like they tend to be in the US where education is a business. It's dos NOT start from the very basics of electricity. It starts with a review of Thehevin and Norton circuit equivalents and stuff like that, then it moves on to semiconductors. So it's really a good 2nd book.

Also Mecatrónica y Sistemas de Medición (Mechatronics and Measurement systems). I got it for about $15 US, on offer. That's the perk of living in latin america or India, we got affordable books.

Both of these came from a reputable bookshop, both are McGraw Hill.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf