Author Topic: Sole F63 Treadmill Error LS1- a convenient reason for some teardown pictures  (Read 7188 times)

Offline reagleTopic starter

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
"Doesn't work? Awesome, take it apart and generate some contents"

A bit of a teardown mixed with trying to make it work again.
http://kuzyatech.com/sole-f63-treadmill-error-ls1
Comments are welcome!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2014, 10:14:04 am by reagle »

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
I did not realize that those treadmill motors used so much power.
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
They do market them by motor power- 2-3-5HP typically.
I am a bit surprised the whole thing runs on PIC12, though it's possible I missed something beefier. 

Offline wilheldp

• Regular Contributor
You might want to replace the brushes in that motor.  I have investigated a couple of treadmill fires, and the cause of both of them was worn brushes shattering and getting into the motor windings. 

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
What was the run time on those? Mine has barely 40 hours/180 miles if the counter is not lying

Offline wilheldp

• Regular Contributor
I don't know what the run times were, but one of them was a fairly new Sole.  The other one was an ancient Kenmore with an unknown manufacturer (since Kenmore makes nothing).  I'm not knocking Sole...I have one of their exercise bikes.  I'm just saying that since you have had an issue with the brushes, you might want to go ahead and replace them just to be safe.  It shouldn't cost much.

• Supporter
    • KuzyaTech
oh yea, no argument here ;) just getting data to see what to expect from them. Where did you get the replacement from?

Offline wilheldp

• Regular Contributor
I didn't.  It's my job to take things apart to find out what caused fires (or floods in some cases).  I rarely, if ever, put stuff back together, much less fix it.  I have brought some stuff home from work when they were going to throw it away after an investigation, and I fixed those.  But neither treadmill is on that list since I much prefer biking to running.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf