Author Topic: FS: Rigol DG3121A  (Read 7354 times)

Offline K1JOSTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
FS: Rigol DG3121A
« on: January 05, 2014, 10:12:02 pm »
I am selling my DG3121A - great shape.  I am selling it as I got a excellent opportunity for a DG4162.  I currently have it on Ebay # 111251175191.  I have 100% feedback on Ebay plus I have lots of references in the Collins Radio collectors community.

thanks

jerry
K1JOS

Lurch

Re: FS: Rigol DG3121A
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 10:13:24 pm »
If you're going to sign up with the sole purpose of becoming a spammer at least try and learn what a URL is. Don't bother checking the pinned topic about the rules either. Hope all your kit explodes.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2014, 10:15:13 pm by Lurch »

Offline echen1024

• Super Contributor
  • 15 yo Future EE
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 12:34:52 am »
If you're going to sign up with the sole purpose of becoming a spammer at least try and learn what a URL is. Don't bother checking the pinned topic about the rules either. Hope all your kit explodes.

:-DD :-DD :-DD :-DD Like in the Monty Python episode: He goes onto YouTube: "It is now time for your function generator to explode"
I'm not saying we should kill all stupid people. I'm just saying that we should remove all product safety labels and let natural selection do its work.

https://www.youtube.com/user/echen1024

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:42:05 am »
You seem like a pretty angry person.

Offline TheBorg

• Frequent Contributor
  • Hoping to start an EE degree soon...
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 02:49:59 am »

He's British. I think that gives him an excuse or something.  :o  :-//
Youtube Channel - Assimilated Circuits
We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 03:47:38 am »

He's British. I think that gives him an excuse or something.  :o  :-//
It's not a very good excuse. I don't think his attitude is in line with the environment Dave is trying to cultivate here.

Offline jadew

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 04:24:30 am »
Too bad you're so far away, I would have got it otherwise. Been hunting for a sig gen for a while now.

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2014, 08:01:37 am »
That is the biggest spammer accusation fail I've ever seen, unless you think the OP is posting under a fake identity.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2014, 08:18:34 am »
I'd delete the offensive post but then the follow up posts won't make sense

Of course I could then edit all the other posts to say they refer to deleted text (not a popular option with some users).
There always thread deletion of course but assuming the OP is legit, that's not fair.

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2014, 01:38:11 pm »
That is the biggest spammer accusation fail I've ever seen, unless you think the OP is posting under a fake identity.

Would you be happy if we got several hundred people registering and making a single posts about their current ebay electronic test equipment listings?

Maybe Dave could set up something to scrape ebay test equipment listings and post them here - think anyone would want that?

If the OP had earned some credit here by being a contributing member I would let it pass. If he was offering it to forum members not the whole world via ebay I would let it pass. Neither is true and the post is advertising spam.

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2014, 01:47:23 pm »

Would you be happy if we got several hundred people registering and making a single posts about their current ebay electronic test equipment listings?
I'd be fine with it, provided it was correctly named, relevent to our interests and posted in the correct place, assuming the seller to be legitimate.

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2014, 01:55:25 pm »

I'd be fine with it, provided it was correctly named, relevent to our interests and posted in the correct place, assuming the seller to be legitimate.
Then you should set up an electronic test equipment search on ebay and have them email the spam directly to you.

Offline peter.mitchell

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2014, 03:51:51 pm »

I'd be fine with it, provided it was correctly named, relevant to our interests and posted in the correct place, assuming the seller to be legitimate.
Then you should set up an electronic test equipment search on ebay and have them email the spam directly to you.
I'm not sure where you're coming from with this? Are you stating that this forum spams you and that people who post here should stop posting so you don't get notifications? If so, maybe you should configure your notifications somewhat better. If you're implying that i should use ebay instead of the b/s/w section, well, no, ebay has fees, this section does not. If you're implying something else I'm not getting it.

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:43 pm »

I'd be fine with it, provided it was correctly named, relevant to our interests and posted in the correct place, assuming the seller to be legitimate.
I'm not sure where you're coming from with this? Are you stating that this forum spams you and that people who post here should stop posting so you don't get notifications? If so, maybe you should configure your notifications somewhat better. If you're implying that i should use ebay instead of the b/s/w section, well, no, ebay has fees, this section does not. If you're implying something else I'm not getting it.
I am saying I don't come to this forum to see what is for sale on ebay and don't want to see posts which do nothing but advertise ebay auctions with no particular interest or relevance to this forum or threads in it. When such posts are made by the ebay seller and it is their only post on the forum it is spam.

You say you don't mind any number of such posts - I suggest you should use ebay to send that information directly to you so I don't have to see it here.

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 06:18:10 pm »
He followed all the rules. Some of you folks are really aggressive. I'm sure he didn't intend to ruin your entire day.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 08:42:14 pm »
Tallie, I agree, he did follow all the rules.  However, this is a classic example of "just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should."  If he is posting his eBay ad just to sell and has no interest in meaningful involvement in the blog site, he shouldn't have posted in the first place.  I spend plenty of time prowling eBay.  I don't want to come here to see posts only to sell products.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline TheBorg

• Frequent Contributor
  • Hoping to start an EE degree soon...
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2014, 12:03:18 am »
Perhaps there should be a post limit that must be reached before posts are allowed into BSW. I know on another forum this is 50 posts, and on another forum it's 250 posts and 6 months membership. Id say 50 or so posts here would be adequate.
Youtube Channel - Assimilated Circuits
We are Borg. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

Offline K1JOSTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2014, 02:12:33 am »
 I have being following Dave's EEVBLOg youtubes and info here on the forums for quite some time.  I haven't had anything  to contribute or ask but I have learned an awful lot reading topics of interest since I am not an EE or E. Tech but just a serious vintage radio hobbyist (I am a research physician by day).  I posted with my US FCC amateur radio callsign (K1JOS) that is publicly accessible.   I did not post on any forum section other than Buy and Sell.  How is anything that is a real auction a scam or spam?  Almost all who sell on Ebay are unknown entities, I thought I was being open and honest by disclosing myself in what I thought was a collegial forum.  I have a thick skin so I don't mind the negative comments. Sorry if I offended anyone that was certainly not my intention.

jerry 

Offline Tallie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2014, 03:26:48 am »
Lurch is the one who should be apologizing; he seems hell bent on upbraiding new users. Welcome to the forums.

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2014, 03:28:33 am »
Jerry, I think the issue s that even though you have been a lurker, you haven't been a contributor.  Apparently, you are not the first person to make their first post an eBay auction.  I know that some of the language was a bit harsh.  I think the point was that no one wants the BSW thread to become a spot for money hungry, less than scrupulous, junk dealing eBay sellers to try to gain more visibility.  You know as well as I, these exist even in the ranks of ham radio operators.  Pick a hamfest where someone buys cheap and takes it back to their booth on the other side of the tailgating section and lists for a profit.  EBay is no different.  Now that you have explained yourself better, welcome to the EEVBlog   :clap:.  I would encourage you to build up a post history even if it is just comments or asking questions.  People will be nicer (hopefully) ;D

Tom, NW0LF, proud owner of "semi" vintage Kenwood gear--TS-940SAT with a Piexx board on the way and a TS-850 with the IF-232 interface board for HRD.  Love that Kenwood receive audio!!!!! :-+ :-+ :-+
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Rufus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2014, 03:59:35 am »
How is anything that is a real auction a scam or spam?

Yours is the only post in the thread to mention scam.

Your first post on the forum was unsolicited advertising which is spam.

I would just have ignored it and we don't (yet) have a spam problem here. I chipped in when someone else was criticised for posting (somewhat rudely) what I also thought but couldn't be bothered to say.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf