Author Topic: Power supply build help!  (Read 1216 times)

Offline GabrielTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Power supply build help!
« on: June 24, 2017, 02:23:22 am »
Hi All,

I have created a power supply with the DPS3212 from bang good. It was a great success apart from the fact that I missed the part in the manual that specified that the input voltage must be 1.1 times the output voltage. So naturally, I ordered a 12V 15A power supply to get it working! After I assembled it I found out that this was that case and the ma voltage that I could get out of it was 12.16V (I tweaked the power supply to output 13.16V). Since I have tried to look for a 36V power supply with a high current rating but I have found nothing (The max input voltage for the module is 40V). I was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to go about this. I have considered using a boost converter to boost the voltage but also have not found anything with a high current rating. I have included a couple of photos of the power supply so you can see the insides if that helps!

Offline Teledog

• Regular Contributor
Re: Power supply build help!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2017, 03:21:04 am »
Bang Good has 36V power supplies/SMPS units.
That DPS unit is basically a regulator  - with a fancy display, not a power supply, per se.
Not sure why you would use a 12V supply to start with, if you want more than that out.
A boost converter would be horribly inefficient and noisy.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 03:28:27 am by Teledog »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf