Author Topic: Can not identify an IC problem.  (Read 1752 times)

Offline ma.algendyTopic starter

Can not identify an IC problem.
« on: June 21, 2017, 10:00:40 pm »
Hello Everyone,

my brother bring me an small fm radio the can also play mp3 from usb or any memory card to repair it .
the battery was blown up and it was not working by any other way ( DC or even directly from AC ). there are two main ic on the board and unfortunately i find what are they even after search the labels that is written on them .

the first on has a label ( JL AB525CG4A18.1-85 ) it seems like all the circuit voltage is coming from this one .
the second one has a label (8175 062q 5TCA) and it take the signal that comes from the antenna .

does any one has any way to help me identify those two ic's specially the first one?

Offline mdszy

• Supporter
  • somehow has an ee degree
    • szy.io
Re: Can not identify an IC problem.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 10:21:15 pm »
it was not working by any other way ( DC or even directly from AC ). there are two main ic on the board and unfortunately i find what are they even after search the labels that is written on them .

You hooked a radio/mp3 player directly to the mains across its battery terminals??  :wtf:

And that didn't blow it up???
somehow allowed to be a Pixie Wrangler in Training
eBay Store | My site | Hackaday.io Projects | my mastodon.technology profile

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 09:04:15 am »
sorry , i meant connecting it through an adapter from AC not using the internal battery or the other 4 AA batteries .

Offline CJay

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2017, 11:26:47 am »
Pictures of the ICs would be useful because clues as small as the font style can help.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2017, 11:50:46 am »
JL logo with very long part number? I think I know the manufacturer but not the part.

See my last post in this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/need-help-to-identify-this-chip/

(Some of the links there are sadly dead, but Googling the company name still works.)

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2017, 10:22:28 am »
amyk , that is exactly what i was looking for . it is the same company .however , i still need to have some information on the chip itself .
i have sent a feedback to the company and i hope they answer my message soon .
Thanks for your help.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf