Author Topic: SOLD [AU] EEVblog BM235 - New In Box (I have 2 - using 1, selling 1)  (Read 2473 times)

Online BrumbyTopic starter

• Supporter
I have been pondering this for a while now - and have felt uneasy about posting this here.  However, since I presented this offer on another thread because Dave is currently out of stock, I thought I may as well put it on the appropriate board.....

I have two of the EEVblog BM235's.  I've been using one regularly and I'm very happy with it.  Haven't needed to break out the second one yet - so I am open to selling it, if anyone is interested.

Dave still has the sale price of $130 on the meter, even though it is out of stock.  But for members of the forum, I'd ask $120.  This is still new in the box.

This unit does not have the mods for contrast or the backlight whine - but I have not made those changes to the one I have been using.  The contrast is a minor issue for me and I can't notice the whine at 20cm distance.  I have just checked the meter on offer (through the plastic bag) and it appears to be exactly the same.

Shipping would be at cost.  The Australia Post rates are what I know - and international postage rates aren't cheap.  To give you an idea, the cheapest rates to the UK are: $36.95 without tracking and $51.82 with tracking.  From what I can work out, Dave can send to the UK for $20 with tracking - but I don't have an account with DHL to do that.  If anyone has an alternative, I'd be happy to entertain that.

Rates within Australia can be calculated on 0.6 kg from 2770 (which is where I work).  Free local pick up - or if you are close, I might be able to drop off.

Prices are Australian Dollars.  Any interest, PM me.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 12:29:53 pm by Brumby »

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
Re: FS [AU] EEVblog BM235 - Qty of 1, New In Box
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 06:48:17 am »
Does the wife know you have two?

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 07:57:08 am »
I don't think so.

It's been tucked away for the situation where I need two good meters.  That hasn't happened yet.  One case a couple of months ago came close, but I used an older meter which I had checked against my 235.

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 09:14:28 am »
Gearing up for the 121GW purchase?

Just don't tell her it was 3 or 4 times the price and a good thing it 'looks the same' as the BM235... Just don't get caught with the two at the same time. [emoji6]

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 11:28:13 am »
That is a possibility - but I'll need to find a bit more cash if I am going to entertain that.  There are one or two other things I might be putting up with that in mind.

• Supporter
Reluctantly, I put this up on eBay, with a price that would help cover the eBay fees.

It has been 'bought' - by someone in Norway.  I hadn't planned on selling overseas, because the shipping is expensive.  For tracking and signature, it is over $AUD55.  This is because it is over 500g - just.  If it were under 500g, it would be under $AUD35.

I have noticed that the non EEVblog branded BM235 comes up on eBay at the $200 mark from several sellers, so the total cost is right on the money.

Have sent an invoice, with a note - but that shipping cost really freaks me.  (You can tell I don't do much international stuff.)

• Supporter
Re: SOLD [AU] EEVblog BM235 - New In Box (I have 2 - using 1, selling 1)
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »
Contact has been made, shipping sorted and payment received.

PayPal is going to hold on to my funds.  They will be released "within 21 days".  However, if I process and ship the order, I'll be able to access them sooner.  How nice.

Looks like I'll be making a trip to the Post Office tomorrow.... and I didn't need PayPal to prod me about that.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2017, 09:13:40 am »
OS pack and ship,

neanderthal delivery handling risk,

and paypal playing the money middleman thing ? 

no thanks,  you deserve a medal mate   :clap: :clap: :clap:

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 10:21:57 am »
The medal can be melted down.  I'll trade it for some oxygen.

.... I'm still holding my breath.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
I have noticed that the non EEVblog branded BM235 comes up on eBay at the $200 mark from several sellers, so the total cost is right on the money.

Wow, $180 for the lesser 233 model from aussie seller XON
Why would any one buy that when mine is $154 inc postage with the better silicone test leads.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1pcs-BM233-BRYMEN-Digital-multimeter-V-DC-60m-600m-6-60-600-1000V-True-RM-/263035621111?hash=item3d3e250ef7:g:zWcAAOSw6ShZP~1z

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2017, 02:11:00 am »
In the picture the XON offering looks like it's been in the clothes washer and tumble dryer one time too many, and starting to fade...   

Exclusive Model   -Stoned Washed Meter-    ;D

www.ebay.com.au/itm/1pcs-BM233-BRYMEN-Digital-multimeter-V-DC-60m-600m-6-60-600-1000V-True-RM-/263035621111?hash=item3d3e250ef7:g:zWcAAOSw6ShZP~1z

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:14:27 am by Electro Detective »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf