Author Topic: Free energy!  (Read 13273 times)

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
Re: Free energy!
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2017, 05:02:10 am »
In that video, at about 0:54.5 he has done the fast flashing bit, held the light on for a few seconds, and disconnected. As he moves the bulb it briefly flashes - there is no (valid!) reason for it to do that since the wire is already disconnected and it doesn't seem, to me, to accidentally make contact again as the bulb is moved.

Offline janekm

• Supporter
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2017, 05:22:37 am »
In that video, at about 0:54.5 he has done the fast flashing bit, held the light on for a few seconds, and disconnected. As he moves the bulb it briefly flashes - there is no (valid!) reason for it to do that since the wire is already disconnected and it doesn't seem, to me, to accidentally make contact again as the bulb is moved.

Good catch  ;D

My guess is that the bulb does have a battery inside and a simple electronic switch (mosfet perhaps) with the gate at one of the bulb terminals, allowing it to switch on from a small voltage (and practically zero current). Since the gate is floating it can turn on by mistake as you observed.

As for the "resonator", my best guess is that the interface between magnet, "insulator" and spring is acting as a crude rectifier (perhaps similar to an "electrolytic rectifier"). Possibly a rectifier / capacitor. This allows a small voltage to build up (and a small short circuit current, as demonstrated). Of course the power would be insignificant, but enough to turn on the mosfet (and show up on the multimeter due to the high input impedance).

It might even work without an "artificial" RF field, just using already present high-frequency fields.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2017, 05:27:19 am »
This was where my thoughts drifted as well.  Some circuitry in the globe that responded to certain conditions while seemingly being invisible ... well, to the measurement(s) that were taken, that is.

Offline FrankBussTopic starter

• Supporter
    • Frank Buss
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2017, 06:17:49 am »

It looks like it does make contact. I downloaded the video and stepped through it in single step mode at 0:54 with Quicktime and it lights up for one frame, but the bottom wire is still connected and looks like the top wire makes a brief contact to the spring:

So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
Electronics, hiking, retro-computing, electronic music etc.: https://www.youtube.com/c/FrankBussProgrammer

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2017, 05:00:38 pm »
It looks like it does make contact

Oh :(

I rather liked janekm's explanation, although I suppose that could still be the answer (or close) anyway.

The bulb does look suspect. Does anyone know what voltage is needed to get a real one to light (I don't have one around to try). My experiment with a T8 replacement suggests 100+V and those resonators sure aren't putting that kind of punch out.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2017, 05:50:58 pm »
In my experience, most LED and CFL retrofit lamps will light at somewhere between 50-80% of rated voltage. It varies greatly on the particular lamp though.

Offline janekm

• Supporter
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2017, 06:12:32 am »
There are 6V E27 screw fitting bulbs (for off-grid use I imagine):
http://c.b0yp.com/h.g6eTMv?cv=ymdVZtxwqGd&sm=69bf58
but I don't think they'd light up as brightly as in the video from 3V (and 0.0A ;)). You can buy LED light bulb diy kits so it's easy to make a gimmicked one though.

Offline GeorgeOfTheJungle

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2017, 09:40:04 am »
He has opened and messed with that lamp, that much is clear me thinks
« Last Edit: April 28, 2017, 11:41:16 am by GeorgeOfTheJungle »
The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.

Offline BrianHG

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2017, 10:05:30 am »

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2017, 11:55:08 am »
There are 6V E27 screw fitting bulbs

I sit corrected!

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2017, 12:56:24 pm »
Ok, there are plenty of YT videos that are pretty tricky.
For instance, how is this one done:

The Ball Bearing is the Motor

over 2 million view and 10.000 positive likes
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

The following users thanked this post: SeanB

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2017, 01:14:38 pm »
instance, how is this one done:

Er... it tells you at the end if you make it that far :)

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2017, 01:38:00 pm »
instance, how is this one done:

Er... it tells you at the end if you make it that far :)

No way that thermal process would be how it works.

It is electromagnetic.

Online HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2017, 03:28:29 pm »

No way that thermal process would be how it works.

Exactly.
The thermal reaction can not be that fast to build up any torque.

I am guessing he has magnets in the screw head and a huge rotating magnetic field next to it, outside the camera field.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2017, 03:45:21 pm »
The thermal reaction can not be that fast to build up any torque

There isn't a lot of torque - it can't start itself (but that would fit with your suggestion of a magnetic field) and it stops easily (also fits your suggestion).

I have one of those stove-top fans which work by pumping hot air around (sterling engine). You look at it and think it couldn't possibly work faster enough via heat transfer, but it goes like the clappers.

huge rotating magnetic field next to it

He rotates the axis so I don't think that would work - I guess it might if the rotation is on a particular plane (too tired to work that out right now). Whilst it does sometimes stop, mostly it doesn't.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2017, 03:48:47 pm »
The ball bearing motor has been around for a long time, it's not a scam, they really work. They are horribly inefficient and have no practical use but they do spin, until the balls get pitted and weld.

Offline RoGeorge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2017, 02:04:30 pm »
What I know for sure is the law of energy's conservation, so I won't buy that trick, and I won't waste more time on it.

Gosh, how po-faced you are! Why did you even bother commenting at all?

No-one is trying to convince anyone else that it is real. The ask is 'How does he fake it', and to me that's as interesting (because he is good at it) as it might be if it were real. I guess you're not a Penn & Teller fan.

You are right. My apologies.

Since you asked a direct question, I was at a beer, alone, in front of the screen, and opened blindly the first 3 topics. Usually, I wouldn't open free energy or debunking topics, but this time it just happened to be in the first 3 new posted. So I read it and I thought it's an RF trick, and the beer made me type an answer. Then, the trick was a little more complicated, so I typed a grumpy answer (another mistake).

It was not me, I swear, it was the beer. Beer is evil!
:o)
 >:D

P.S.
And now, I am with another beer in front of the screen, breaking my promise to not type any more in this topic.

Well, since I already broke my promise, AFAIK the ball bearing on a rod engine is not fake.

Offline dmills

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2017, 03:14:15 pm »
The ball bearing motor has been around for a long time, it's not a scam, they really work. They are horribly inefficient and have no practical use but they do spin, until the balls get pitted and weld.
Yep, anyone remember this thing getting a write up in E&WW?
The fact that it will run in either direction argues against electromagnetic effects.

Regards, Dan.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2017, 11:20:36 am »
Yes, horribly inefficient, and will run up till the point the entire unit is at white heat and the copper wiring melts off the races. Built a few, and they ran somewhat well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf