Author Topic: Service manual: Marconi/IFR AN920/930 or the AN1820/1830/1840 Spectrum Analyzer  (Read 4216 times)

Offline volvo_nut_v70Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Hello;

Would anyone have the service manual for the Marconi/IFR AN-920/930 or the AN-1820/1830/1840 Spectrum Analyzers

Many thanks!
Ken

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
I've never seen one around - it is tough enough to find a user manual. Which one do you have and what is the problem?
VE7FM

• Regular Contributor
Hi;

I have a AN1830, LCD display goes all funky with a narrow band of "normal" screen horiz in the middle. You can see characters changing so I suspect the processor is doing it's thing. After shutting off and immediately turning on the image is upside down, with a couple of pieces missing.

I'm leaning towards a bad LCD display, any thoughts/experience?

I have a pdf AN1840 op manual if you want it..

Thanks!

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
I assume it has external video - does that work ok?
VE7FM

• Regular Contributor
Ya, works fine on external video when the display goes south......

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
If the AN1830 is the same as the AN1820 then you can unplug the video card. If you haven't done so I would reseat the video chip in its socket and look for cold solder joints in the process. You might also want to check the power supply that is connected to the back of the LCD unit before really tearing the unit apart.
VE7FM

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
It does sound LCD or video driver related, reseating the chips/connectors and checking for dry joints is a good starting point for either.  Actually, if the normal video output is good, I'd suspect the LCD driver/cable more than anything - because if the characters aren't being messed up there, whatever system is doing the screen compositing is still properly functional.

Good luck!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf