Author Topic: CMU200 - CMU-B21 Universal Signalling Unit -A dumb question  (Read 2273 times)

Offline g4wyz6Topic starter

CMU200 - CMU-B21 Universal Signalling Unit -A dumb question
« on: April 04, 2017, 09:01:52 pm »
I have a no frequency modulation on the transmitter, using the CMU200 maintenance tools. I've narrowed the fault to the MC68K module,  the error message in the states that a block of data is unknown (ID, 0), see photo 1.

In the function description of the board states that an RS232 interface is available for debugging, the CMU-B41 issue 2, has a USB connector!

Also what software do I use for debugging.

Help would be very appreciated please.

73's Mike
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:56:20 am by g4wyz6 »

Offline oh2ftu

• Regular Contributor
Re: CMU200 - CMU-B41 Universal Signalling Unit -A dumb question
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2017, 05:41:15 am »
Try to run the firmware upgrade corrections from the bootup menu.
There are people on the forum that are more experienced with debugging these, but I would sense there is a correction table missing or similar.
You could also try to reseat all modules

Offline g4wyz6Topic starter

Re: CMU200 - CMU-B21 Universal Signalling Unit -A dumb question
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 08:13:08 am »
Thank you for your suggestions, I've run those and still having the same issues.

Opps I've notices I made a typo error in the Subject line, its a CMU-B21, the -B41 is the Audio Generator.

Offline RF_fanatic

• Regular Contributor
Re: CMU200 - CMU-B21 Universal Signalling Unit -A dumb question
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 10:00:29 pm »
Try FM calibration after at least 30 minutes powered up.

You can remove the complete B21+attached module and reroute the cables and see if that solves the issue.

For amateur use the B21 signalling unit and attached add on hardware options for GSM are useless so better remove it so it can also not damage other modules like the powersupply.

The only interesting option you have is the Bluetooth, so that is also gone if you remove the above but at least it is worth a try bypassing them to check. (really lift the unit out of the motherboard and remove the orange power cable at the bottom)

The following users thanked this post: g4wyz6

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf