Author Topic: List your test equipment "scores" here!  (Read 782460 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
Re: List your test equipment "scores" here!
« Reply #1475 on: April 28, 2017, 03:15:20 am »
Well I can't blame you there. I've fixed all sorts of stuff that technically wasn't worth it, just because I could, was curious why it broke, or figured if I fixed it I could give it to somebody who would use it rather than just throw it away.

Offline xwarpTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1476 on: April 28, 2017, 10:23:45 am »
Scored a National Panasonic VP-8177A AM/FM Signal Generator. These seem to sell for a couple hundred when they are working. The one I got has issues, but after opening it up, these issues are going to be relatively easy to correct.

Couldn't beat the price considering 60 shipped.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
  • Lots of engineer-tweakable parts inside!
« Reply #1477 on: April 28, 2017, 05:34:28 pm »
Well I can't blame you there. I've fixed all sorts of stuff that technically wasn't worth it, just because I could, was curious why it broke, or figured if I fixed it I could give it to somebody who would use it rather than just throw it away.

Yeah, exactly. We're a crazy lot. :-DD
TEA is the way. | TEA Time channel

The following users thanked this post: james_s

Offline whitevamp

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1478 on: April 29, 2017, 02:15:01 am »
I bought here 2 weeks ago, 2 tek o-scops both 475A's one with dm44, one works and need a bit of work the other don't work, paid 50 for the pair.

Offline PartialDischarge

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1479 on: April 29, 2017, 05:50:38 am »
I got two 1/4 rack Kepco 100V 0.5A power supplies for 80€+shipping. The programmer is also included but no idea what to do with it.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1480 on: April 29, 2017, 09:10:51 am »
I think I have found the electronic version of the 'odd sock drawer' - the feet off HP test equipment!
Wasn't too expensive but will allow me to finish several bits of refurbished gear. :-+
Whoah! Watch where that landed we might need it later.

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #1481 on: April 29, 2017, 09:12:10 am »
So many HaPpy feet!
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1482 on: April 29, 2017, 09:50:38 am »
Wow that is a bit odd...
Looks like every fourth foot that was missing from my purchased hear over my lifetime. :)
Sue AF6LJ

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #1483 on: April 29, 2017, 10:05:22 am »
I think I have found the electronic version of the 'odd sock drawer' - the feet off HP test equipment!
Wasn't too expensive but will allow me to finish several bits of refurbished gear. :-+
None that will fit a 1740 though. Every one of those that I have seen has had missing and/or broken feet.  :rant:
Last one I had I made a couple from an old broom handle and the one I have now needs a full set of 4.  :palm:
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1484 on: April 29, 2017, 10:37:05 am »
I bet this lot came from the bottom drawer of the guy who ran the local Uni Lab and didn't like feet on gear.
I really got this lot for the metal bales - the plastic 3 pronged feet can be got for not crazy money but if it has the bale - armed robbery!
I wish I was better at 3D CAD stuff - I imagine I could get some of my still missing or broken feet 3D printed.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1485 on: April 29, 2017, 11:27:02 am »

Aha! That's why i keep having to order feet for the Ebay HP gear I get. YOU have all of them!  :palm:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline VK5RC

• Supporter
« Reply #1486 on: April 29, 2017, 11:56:00 am »
I don't have them yet Moriarty, Not yet.  >:D
They have found there way down to the bottom of the Earth (well I have bought them off a guy in New South Wales - Australia)
It is a rather odd collection.

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1487 on: April 29, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »
Ah, so it was simply gravity. Yes, those feet do seem to be without their locks, so it's no wonder that they fell off and landed in one of the southernmost locations on the planet.

I, too, ended up buying a batch of feet for various HP gear that apparently was rack mounted prior to my acquisition of them. Power Designs gear seems to suffer the same fate -- no feet.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1488 on: April 30, 2017, 12:23:32 am »

A good day at TRW today, not to mention my first time ever at TRW...
The 5255 was $20.00 It is dirty as hell and may not function...
But I took a chance...
The 8620A was a C note, the guy wanted more, but couldn't tell me more about it...
So I made an offer and walked away with it for about half his initial asking price.

I haven't plugged any of them in yet and the converter may need to be blown out real good first...

Sue AF6LJ

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #1489 on: April 30, 2017, 12:31:54 am »

I haven't plugged any of them in yet and the converter may need to be blown out real good first...

Very boatanchory haul. Your projects are stacking up.  :popcorn:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

The following users thanked this post: AF6LJ

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1490 on: April 30, 2017, 12:36:01 am »

Very boatanchory haul. Your projects are stacking up.  :popcorn:
I am a little worried my twenty dollar investment may fizzle....
After I cleaned off the dirt on top I saw the warning on storing the converter in a low dust environment...
I also have to do a serial number check before plugging that into my HP-5145L...
I'll give the sweeper a good visual inspection tomorrow and plug it in and see what happens.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1491 on: April 30, 2017, 12:37:23 am »
I love Boat Anchor TE...
May I can turn some of this fat into muscle by toting this stuff around.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1492 on: April 30, 2017, 02:14:25 am »
Nice, Sue!!  Glad to hear that you finally made it to TRW.   :-+  I haven't managed to time a visit correctly since some time in the fall.

Did you make it up to Apex, too, or not this trip?  (I'm guessing not, since you made no mention of it.   :( )

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Offline bitseeker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1493 on: April 30, 2017, 04:50:38 am »
Thanks for sharing your new acquisitions, Sue. Alas, not every bargain is necessarily a good one, but it wasn't a big investment. Who knows. With a good cleaning (and hopefully not a major restoration), it might still turn into a score.

Speaking of potential fizzles, the Epply voltage standard I picked up appears to be an enclosure with four Weston cells in it, hence the four pairs of posts on the front panel. A sticker on top lists four voltages from the last time it was calibrated back in 1985. They're all around 1.0182 volts, which sounds like Weston cells. I'll let it settle for a while before attempting to take measurements. I'll be amazed if it's still anywhere near acceptable voltage.

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1494 on: April 30, 2017, 11:27:16 am »
Nice, Sue!!  Glad to hear that you finally made it to TRW.   :-+  I haven't managed to time a visit correctly since some time in the fall.

Did you make it up to Apex, too, or not this trip?  (I'm guessing not, since you made no mention of it.   :( )

-Pat
Not to Apex yet...
Maybe soon, we shall see....
My friend and I are talking about making the Claremont swap meet, it is supposed to be at least as good as TRW
Sue AF6LJ

Offline AF6LJ

• Supporter
« Reply #1495 on: April 30, 2017, 11:30:52 am »
Thanks for sharing your new acquisitions, Sue. Alas, not every bargain is necessarily a good one, but it wasn't a big investment. Who knows. With a good cleaning (and hopefully not a major restoration), it might still turn into a score.

Speaking of potential fizzles, the Epply voltage standard I picked up appears to be an enclosure with four Weston cells in it, hence the four pairs of posts on the front panel. A sticker on top lists four voltages from the last time it was calibrated back in 1985. They're all around 1.0182 volts, which sounds like Weston cells. I'll let it settle for a while before attempting to take measurements. I'll be amazed if it's still anywhere near acceptable voltage.
It will be interesting to see how that turns out.
Sue AF6LJ

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1496 on: April 30, 2017, 07:51:42 pm »
Considering that anything Keithley seems to go for too much on eBay, I'm feeling lucky that I got a Keithley 6102A divider probe for only $20+shipping.  Now with my Keithley 610B I am all set for probing DC voltages in tube gear without loading things down.  8)

(Yes, I could just get a VTVM, but I already had the electrometer, AND I have a ME-26D/U I still need to fix up anyway)

Offline usagi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1497 on: April 30, 2017, 08:50:08 pm »
Considering that anything Keithley seems to go for too much on eBay, I'm feeling lucky that I got a Keithley 6102A divider probe for only $20+shipping.  Now with my Keithley 610B I am all set for probing DC voltages in tube gear without loading things down.  8)

(Yes, I could just get a VTVM, but I already had the electrometer, AND I have a ME-26D/U I still need to fix up anyway)

keithley 2000's and 2015's are pretty cheap. agilent stuff goes for premium markups for sure.

Offline mmagin

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1498 on: April 30, 2017, 11:03:46 pm »

keithley 2000's and 2015's are pretty cheap. agilent stuff goes for premium markups for sure.

Well, I guess what I meant is that a lot of SMUs and digital-era electrometers (and even older current sources) go for rather a lot.  Their 6.5 digit meters seem to have a lot more competition :)

Offline Cubdriver

• Supporter
  • Nixie addict
    • Photos of electronic gear
« Reply #1499 on: May 01, 2017, 12:43:00 am »
Not to Apex yet...
Maybe soon, we shall see....
My friend and I are talking about making the Claremont swap meet, it is supposed to be at least as good as TRW

Oooh...  I didn't know about that one.  I could conceivably make that if I'm out that way on an appropriate weekend.  Sweet!

Thanks for the tip!

-Pat
If it jams, force it.  If it breaks, you needed a new one anyway...

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf