Author Topic: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free  (Read 2190198 times)

Tehnik and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline snik

• Contributor
Re: Hantek - Tekway - DSO hack - get 200MHz bw for free
« Reply #2825 on: September 10, 2016, 05:18:50 am »
Sorry to hear that it was not the fault...
Please tell us what caused the Error when you find it

Offline tatus1969

• Super Contributor
  • Resistance is futile - We Are The Watt.
    • keenlab
« Reply #2826 on: September 10, 2016, 06:06:08 am »
Just to make sure, you're referring to the 74HC595Ns, correct?
:-+
In my scope both (74HC)595 TSSOP16  in the Frontends for Ch1 and 2 was completly faulty. Maybe one of yours also... Got a bunch of them as bargain on eBay, so the replace was very cheap.

Thanks, I appreciate it!  I just ordered some.  I'll report back soon.

Replaced both and same issue.  Triple checked the soldering.  Ordering the Rigol 1054z, as I need a working scope within the next two weeks.  I appreciate the help, though.  I'll mess with it later.
You could try and follow the signal path from the BNC to the ADCs, with no signal. Also check the reference voltage of the differential path. I would also check soldering, maybe push on some chips to find cold joints. Check for thevreverse engineered schematic that is around.
We Are The Watt - Resistance Is Futile!

Offline MarkM

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2827 on: September 10, 2016, 10:21:20 pm »
All very good ideas. :)  Unfortunately, I don't have the time at the moment. Wish we knew exactly what each step was testing.

Offline Front_Line

« Reply #2828 on: September 11, 2016, 08:46:14 pm »
Prompt pinout JTAG connector J901 (10 pin connector) on the board  hw version 1.01 from DSO5072P. 1 and 2  - 3.3V, 3 - nTRST, 4 - nRESET, 8 and 10 - GND. The rest are not known.

Offline deathwarror

« Reply #2829 on: September 28, 2016, 04:54:20 am »
MSO7000BLG Information Update.
Sorry about the delay. I'm in the middle of moving with college and work so fairly busy.
Here is the dump and every file I could find using the USB.  I have not gotten to the jtag yet.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnmmyurkkYaJimC43n6GJFRtcWD_

Offline tinheadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #2830 on: September 28, 2016, 09:00:11 pm »
thanks for trying, but only boot.bin seems to be ok, everything else is broken or empty :\
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline nls

« Reply #2831 on: October 01, 2016, 02:40:11 am »
Hello!
First I wish to thank you for your enormous, complex and useful work hacking this nice chinese scope series. People like you play an crucial rule in technologycal advance.
Second, I apologise for my poor English. (my Deutch instead is not poor; it is null  :-\
Third, I beg pardon for not searching your very big thread fully where certainly I can found a lot of what I need. I confess, it's very hard to me not get confused by the bulk of information there, although i have learned a lot following it the last days.

And at last I ask for your help and advice:

I recently bought a rebadged Hantek/Tekway (so I think) 100MHz 1GS/s 1M sample points distributed by Icel-Manaus, a maker/seller from a free-zone in my country (Brazil). It is visually identical to the Hantek DSO5102 model. It came with two PP-150 probes. On it's rear, close to the USB connector, the place for a RJ type Ethernet connector is still unpopulated and not broke open.

From its utility menu system information option I got these data:

[modêlo]       DSO02102      // model
[Versão SW]      2.06.3   (120507.0)   // SW version
[Versão HW]      10070x555583e9      // HW version
[Número de série]   T 1G/012 008100      // serial #
[inicializações]   13         // boots
[atualizações]      0         // upgrades
[lcd front ts]      0.0.0         //

The serial number showed is the same as printed in a badge on the case back.

I have not made any upgrade or bandwidht hack yet.
I made a back-up dump (my-dump.zip) by using your tool (dst1kb_b_backup_tool.up md5sum=58bfe4b0609f795411ba2558fdd06c08 with the 0571tekway password) and can send it to you, if you please.

It boots on portuguese language and shows a custom ICEL-Manaus splash screen before start working, apart some bugs.

I can open it and take some photos of the boards. To hook to the UART port is not a problem to me also. I'm a Linux (Suse) user and have some programming skills.

My main goal is to upgrade it to a stable and bug free (or almost bug free) version of firmware. To extend its bandwidth can be a bonus if not compromise its reliability and precision/accuracy as a 100MHz scope.

So I wish to know what's the best upgrade file to use and how can I get it. I got the file dso5kb_func_dso5102b20160111.up from the Hantek site. Have you tried it?
 I bought the instrument second-hand but almost without use. The maker/seller (Icel-Manaus) does not support upgrades (kind of a black-box seller  :P  ).

Thank you in advance
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 03:07:47 am by nls »

Offline Walt_ua

« Reply #2832 on: October 14, 2016, 08:56:10 am »
Hi,tinhead,
Welcome back!

For your firmware collection "old SoC" Hantek.
http://www.hantek.ru/products/dso5202B/dst1kb_2.06.3_15202b_fact(140211.0).up

Dont know, whats release note or bugfix, but feb 14 year. Its last and newest firmware for hw0-hw7 DSO.

Hw0 with this firmware work fine.

Offline ruiseixas

• Contributor
« Reply #2833 on: October 16, 2016, 06:42:11 pm »
Hi,

In my opinion there are things on this scope (DSO5102P) to be changed that worth more than the Bandwidth!

For instance, the supper annoying factory resets each time the scope crashes. Every owner of these Hantek scopes knows how easy it is to crash them, the problem is that you lose all your hardly done configurations to the point of make them pointless. It may not sound a big deal but if you think how laborious it is to have the Measure menu with Channel 1 and Channel 2 exactly as you want to have all vanish, not to mention how difficult it is to maintain the things as you wish in this Measure menu just because you disable a channel...

If Hantek could change this channel dedicated Measure menu to a global one like in the equivalent GW Instek Scopes (very user friendly scopes by the way), so that each F1 to F5 button could have the CH1 and CH2 of each Type of measurement paired together like in the Instek, it also allow the selection trough the F1-F5 buttons without the clumsy multipurpose knob (that rotates in the wrong way), it would add so much in terms of usability that makes me ask why Hantek doesn't think about this issues! Just look at the brilliant and very well done Instek Measure Menu in the picture bellow... So, so, simple!  :clap:

Is it possible to do the same in the Hantek DSO5000?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 10:00:58 pm by ruiseixas »

Offline christensen

« Reply #2834 on: October 20, 2016, 09:02:54 am »
Hi,

I just bought an Hantek DSO5102P and I want to unlock the bandwidth to 200Mhz.
My question is after I unlock the oscilloscope how can I do the fw update?what update I could use DSO5202P or DSO5102P.
The second question is after unlock I can use official updates or only modified?

Thanks

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2835 on: October 20, 2016, 09:37:08 am »
 - fw from DSO5202P
 - official updates 
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

Offline christensen

« Reply #2836 on: October 20, 2016, 06:57:56 pm »
Thanks,

I've rename the file dst1102b to dst1202b and reboot two times. i've made update to DSO5202P "dso5kp_func_dso5202p20160427" but on the system information cannot see anything.
The 2ns/DIV timbase is available.

Offline ruiseixas

• Contributor
« Reply #2837 on: October 20, 2016, 07:40:03 pm »
Hi,

I just bought an Hantek DSO5102P and I want to unlock the bandwidth to 200Mhz.
My question is after I unlock the oscilloscope how can I do the fw update?what update I could use DSO5202P or DSO5102P.
The second question is after unlock I can use official updates or only modified?

Thanks

Do you realize that you need different probes to take advantage of the 200MHz? The probes that come with the DSO5102P are the PP-150, limited to 100MHz, so you need to buy the PP-200 ones so that the input signal isn't attenuated!  ::)

I still think that the number of Bugs on this oscilloscope deserves more attention than the Bandwidth... None of these Bugs haven't unbelievably been solved yet...  :palm:

Top 5 Hantek Bugs - Hantek Oscilloscope

Offline christensen

« Reply #2838 on: October 20, 2016, 09:08:32 pm »
I've alredy unlock it, but i want to update to the last fw version. i have 200Mhz probes Tektronix P6200 and another one 250Mhz from an old oscilloscope.

Offline aandrew

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2839 on: October 20, 2016, 10:27:16 pm »
oh man the bugs and oddities on the MSO5074FG... that could be an entire thread of its own!

Too bad they can't open up the UI software and document how to talk to the FPGA and hardware. Let us take a crack at the UI...

Offline ruiseixas

• Contributor
« Reply #2840 on: October 21, 2016, 08:48:25 am »
oh man the bugs and oddities on the MSO5074FG... that could be an entire thread of its own!

Too bad they can't open up the UI software and document how to talk to the FPGA and hardware. Let us take a crack at the UI...

Is the problem of the compliance check lists like:

• 4 Channels - Check
  • Function Generator - Check
  • Logic Analyzer - Check
  • Bode Assistant - Check
  • Another useless Utility - Check

• Bug #1 - We will see it...!
  • Bug #2 - We will see it...!
  • Bug #3 - We will see it...!

Too bad Hantek hasn't its own forum like other Chinese brands (Ex. Yealink) just to help them identifying and solving this bugs... Hantek should care more about their community of buyers not only because of them but also because it would add value to their scopes having bugs solved in time!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 12:17:01 pm by ruiseixas »

Offline nafanja

• Contributor
« Reply #2841 on: October 23, 2016, 01:53:11 pm »
Prompt pinout JTAG connector J901 (10 pin connector) on the board  hw version 1.01 from DSO5072P. 1 and 2  - 3.3V, 3 - nTRST, 4 - nRESET, 8 and 10 - GND. The rest are not known.

Hi, if any one need, JTAG pinout for a 9-Pin J901. on my Board DSO5000B

1 - 2 - 3.3v
3 - nTRST
4 - may be nRESET but it connects without it.
5- TDI
6 - TDO
7- TMS
8 - GND
9- TCK
10 - GND
« Last Edit: October 23, 2016, 08:06:42 pm by nafanja »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2842 on: October 23, 2016, 05:53:13 pm »
they actually hired someone who can at least read my buglist, and even fix some of them .. but it takes still forever ;(

Offline nafanja

• Contributor
« Reply #2843 on: October 24, 2016, 01:48:36 pm »
Hello, all.
need one solution for bricked MSO5102B...
After flashing over UART supervivi, device has not more booted...
have with jtag, with h-Jtag connected, but what was a next steps?
I not have a Full backup, because the Device not booted, last time can only over UART received. But now work the UART not more too...
Have over JTAG two Ram Dupms readed, one 16MB and other 258MB...
Can any one help  me please!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 06:51:48 am by nafanja »

Offline snoopy

• Frequent Contributor
    • Analog Precision
« Reply #2844 on: October 25, 2016, 06:00:04 am »
I have a Hantek 5202B and I notice a huge amount of time domain jitter at the really high sweep rates when I measure a low jitter 50 MHz source. On the Tektronix TDS784 it is rock stable ;)

Is this a firmware update issue because I can't seem to update the firmware from the Hantek website anymore.

cheers

Offline aandrew

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2845 on: October 25, 2016, 03:55:10 pm »
they actually hired someone who can at least read my buglist, and even fix some of them .. but it takes still forever ;(

Wow nice, is this a contact you're willing to share?

Offline christensen

« Reply #2846 on: October 25, 2016, 09:19:12 pm »
This is mine with different HW, I want to add LAN (22pf capacitor, 25Mhz crystal oscillator, DM9000), UART and J-tag Pins.
The micro SD card slot have the same role like the front USB?

Which of the pin group are for UART and J-tag?

I've check different hardware configuration and on all the J801 is for UART
J2 ->  RJ LAN Jack
U17 -> DM9000AEP (it can be found below the main board)
Y2 -> 25MHz Xtal
JC1 -> H1102nl Sop-16

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:33:29 am by christensen »

Offline nafanja

• Contributor
« Reply #2847 on: October 26, 2016, 11:52:06 am »
This is mine with different HW, I want to add LAN (22pf capacitor, 25Mhz crystal oscillator, DM9000), UART and J-tag Pins.
The micro SD card slot have the same role like the front USB?

Which of the pin group are for UART and J-tag?

I've check different hardware configuration and on all the J801 is for UART
J2 ->  RJ LAN Jack
U17 -> DM9000AEP (it can be found below the main board)
Y2 -> 25MHz Xtal
JC1 -> H1102nl Sop-16

Thanks

I think, the SD Card Slot is for booting from SD Card

J801 - UART
J901 - JTAG for ARM
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 11:54:22 am by nafanja »

Offline iromero

• Supporter
« Reply #2848 on: October 29, 2016, 12:38:00 pm »
Hi, I bought a hantek DSO5062BMV a while back and it looks like there haven't been firmware updates since 2014, I attached my system info window.

I tried installing the latest firmware from the hantek website but i get this error: "No upgrade files detected on USB device". From what I could skim in this thread, the BMV is just a BM with a sd card with video tutorials, the BM model had updates this year. Is there a way to install that firmware on my scope? Did anything really improve since 2012? I am getting increasingly frustrated on how crappy this scope's firmware is :(

Offline ruiseixas

• Contributor
« Reply #2849 on: October 29, 2016, 04:23:01 pm »
Hi, I bought a hantek DSO5062BMV a while back and it looks like there haven't been firmware updates since 2014, I attached my system info window.

I tried installing the latest firmware from the hantek website but i get this error: "No upgrade files detected on USB device". From what I could skim in this thread, the BMV is just a BM with a sd card with video tutorials, the BM model had updates this year. Is there a way to install that firmware on my scope? Did anything really improve since 2012? I am getting increasingly frustrated on how crappy this scope's firmware is :(

As I can see from the firmware file in the Hantek page, the last firmware is from 2014-08-23! When you choose Hantek you should restrain your selection on the more basic and popular models. Firmware support isn't the best thing in Hantek, they simple don't care, mainly with the less popular models like yours.

By the way, in your model, BMV looks like V stands for Video Help... Really?! Do you think it makes sense a video help on the scope to the point of paying twice the original P model? Again, Hantek is all about the basics, anything more is just to rip some extra money from you. That's why I think that a scope like GW Instek GDS-1072AU is definitely a better option, I would chose that instead if I knew what I know today.

GW Instek GDS-1072AU 70MHz Dual Channel TFT Oscilloscope (Maplin N53NA)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf